Friday, May 30, 2008

Eeeny-Meeny-Miney-Mo

I've heard that some people decide where to move based on the quality of the public schools, job prospects, the prevalence of microbreweries, or other minutia of life. As for me, I find myself daydreaming about future residences in terms of the their soil, growing season, and occasionally the cost of land. Seeing as I have no money to speak of, however, I really don't pay much attention to the last one. Long live guerrilla gardening, y'all. I have been vastly assisted in my fantasizing by a new posting on Epicurious which allows you to get a sense of what is in season in any month in any state. Admittedly, the variation within a state the size of Georgia means that you've got no guarantees that your local farmer's market will carry what Epicurious advertises, but I can dream.

As the Southern summer sets in, the Pacific Northwest is looking mighty nice...

No comments: